Moodle Help & Support
The first thing you will want to do is:
For SATURN listed modules:
If it is a SATURN module then the module will have been created automatically at the beginning of the year.
So it is likely that the module already exists and that you simply need to make changes or add to it as an editing teacher.
You can be enrolled as an editing teacher in three ways (in order of likely speed):
- An existing editing teacher can enrol you (if you know who it is likely to be, e.g., last year's convenor)
- Your Moodle Administrators in your School can enrol you (the School Manager will usually know who this is if they are not personally able to do it)
- Let email@example.com know the code and title of the module and we can enrol you.
Note that modules like these are invisible to students by default so will probably appear at the end of your list under Module Overview
NOT a SATURN module
If it is a non-SATURN module that did not exist previously, then please let firstname.lastname@example.org know:
- Suggested title (e.g., Economics Careers)
- Which category you would like it created in (e.g., Law > Postgraduate) - this usually relates to the School which "owns" the module
- Is it just for the UK, or just for China, or just for Malaysia, or will it be available across two or all campuses?
- Will this module be (1) repeated in future years (with a different cohort of students) or (2) is it ongoing with new students being continually added to the old ones and existing students staying on the module)
- Who is the editing teacher if not yourself?
Now consider how will students become enrolled on the module:
- If all relevant students are already enrolled on a particular SATURN module, we can collect the enrolments directly by linking up that module in a parent-child or meta-module relationship
- You can enrol all student manually yourself
- You can make the module self-enrolable (with or without a password)
You will need to let us know how enrolment should happen - we are happy to discuss this with you to work out the best option (which may be a combination of the above).
It is also possible to have a staff only module - but again it is necessary to consider how the staff will become enrolled (the SATURN option is not available for staff, but it may be possible to enrol via a spreadsheet which you prepare).
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic:
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: email@example.com
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk