This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
This refers to Moodle 3.10 from September 2021 onward
Moodle Help & Support
How to: Create dependent questions in Feedback
This page shows the steps required to direct users to specific questions dependent on a previously answered question.
For details on how to create questions see How to create questions in Feedback .
Creating dependent questions
- On your Moodle page, click on the 'Turn editing on' button in the top right corner.
- Add a feedback activity - full details can be found here
- On the 'Edit questions' tab within your Feedback activity, in the drop-down menu, pick a question type
4. This will take you to a page to create your initial question and give it a name in the 'Label' field. When you have filled in the fields, click on 'Save question'
5. This will take you back to the Edit tab. From here, 'Add a page break' from the drop-down menu at the top
6. Then add another question using the drop-down menu at the top
7.The question that the user will be taken to if they give the required answer to your first question.
To link your dependent question, you will need to select the 'Label' you entered into your first question in the 'Dependence item' field and type in the specific answer into the 'Dependence value' field
8. When you have add the details of your question, click on 'Save question'
9. This will take you back to the Edit tab where you can see the two questions have been created and are linked
10. When you have finished, return to the main Moodle page and click on the 'Turn editing off' button in the top right
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic: