Moodle Help & Support
How to create a web page
Rather than simply attaching documents such as Word or PDF files, it can make your course more attractive to simply create a web page. The Moodle "word-processing" tools make it as easy as using Word.
Step by step
1. Navigate to your module and click on the Turn editing on button (top right).
2. Click on the + Add an activity or resource hyperlink in the section you want to add the web page to. Select 'Page' and then click on the Add button.
3. Enter the name of the web page (e.g., Introduction to the Module)
4. Enter the Description. This is required but does not show up in the main content section unless you check the box 'Display description on module page' beneath.
5. Create the content of your page as if you were creating a Word document. Click on the toolbar toggle to see extended formatting options.
Tip: You can add images and other media files such as audio and video, create text URLs, link and upload documents from your desktop, format headings and bullets, and create tables. See below for links to the help documents about how to add these resources to your Page or Label.
6. Click on the Save and return to module or Save and display buttons to view the page you have created.
7. If you want to make further edits to your page, select Edit > Edit settings.
- Page and Label editing toolbars explained
- How do I create a table with border and grid lines in Moodle?
- How to add an image to a Moodle label, page or other text area
- Creating a text URL (How to add a custom block (e.g., Favourites or Bookmarks) to your 'My home' page)
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk