This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
This refers to Moodle 3.4 from July 2018 onward
How to create a web page
Rather than simply attaching documents such as Word or PDF files, it can make your course more attractive to simply create a web page. The Moodle formatting tools make it as easy as using Word.
Step by step
- Navigate to your module and click on the Turn editing on button (top right).
- In the section where you want to create your web page click on the + Add an activity or resource hyperlink.
- From the list of resources and activities select Page by clicking on the radio button next to the Page icon. Then press the Add button below.
4. Enter the name of the web page (e.g., Introduction to the Module)
5. If you wish, enter a Description. This does not appear on the module's home page unless you check the box 'Display description on module page' beneath.
6. Create the content of your page as if you were creating a Word document.
Tip: It is best if you are pasting in text to keep it as simple and unformatted as possible, and then use the Moodle formatting toolbar to add formatting.
Tip: You can add images and other media files such as audio and video, create text URLs, link and upload documents from your desktop, format headings and bullets, and create tables. See below for links to the help documents about how to add these resources to your Page or Label.
7. Click on the Save and return to module or Save and display buttons to view the page you have created.
8. If you want to make further edits to your web page, select Edit > Edit settings.