Moodle Help & Support
This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onwards
How to create a web page
Rather than simply attaching documents such as Word or PDF files, it can make your course more attractive to simply create a web page. The Moodle formatting tools make it as easy as using Word.
Step by step
- Navigate to your module and click on the 'Turn editing on' button (top right).
- In the section where you want to create your web page click on the Add an activity or resource hyperlink.
- From the list of resources and activities click on the word 'Page' which will take you directly to the 'Adding a new Page' screen.
4. Enter the "Name" of the web page (e.g., Introduction)
5. If you wish, enter a "Description". This does not appear on the module's home page unless you check the box "Display description on module page" beneath
6. In the "Content" section, add the content to your page as if you were creating a Word document.
Tip: It is best if you are pasting in text to keep it as simple and unformatted as possible, and then use the Moodle formatting toolbar to add formatting.
Tip: You can add images and other media files such as audio and video, create text URLs, link and upload documents from your desktop, format headings and bullets, and create tables. See below for links to the help documents about how to add these resources to your Page or Label.
7. Click on the 'Save and return to module' or 'Save and display' buttons to view the page you have created
8. If you want to make further edits to your web page, select Edit > Edit settings.
9. When you have finished, click on the 'Turn editing off' button which is on the top-right corner of your Moodle page