You can create a rubric when you are in the assignment that you want to use Rubric as the Grading method
1. From the Settings block, or while you are setting up the Assignment in the first place, select in the Grade section
Grading method = Rubric
(For setting up and using Marking guides see to be created)
Once the settings have been saved, click into the Assignment.
From the Assignment administration block on the left hand side, select
Advanced Grading > Define rubric
2. Enter a name for the rubric (and description if required)
The screenshot below shows a blank criterion with 3 levels and the number of points for each level
3. Edit the name of the criterion and levels as required and click on the Add level button to add new levels if needed. You can also update the points for each level.
4. Add one or more new criterion for other things that needs to be assessed
The graphic above shows that the Knowledge criterion has a greater weighting than the one for Referencing. You can set the Rubric options to control how and when the rubric is displayed (see below).
5. You can either Save the rubric as a draft or Save it and make it ready.
When it has been saved and made ready you will see a screen showing the Score to grade mapping rules. You can see that the scores from the two criterion (Referencing and Knowledge) are added giving a maximum score of 9 (3 for Referencing and 6 for Knowledge).