This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
This refers to Moodle 3.6 from July 2019 onward
Moodle Help & Support
How to: create a label
Labels are lines of text (that can be formatted) which allow you to put items in context or include short pieces of information. They can include graphics which can be a way to liven up a Moodle space. You can also include links whether to external resources or other items on the Moodle page. A label is a way of breaking up the main page of your module by placing a header, informative text or a graphic on the page. It's particularly useful to scaffold learning, putting them above the resources to describe them and how to use them, or for giving simple instructions. A label is the equivalent of a text box and can be as small as one word or as large as a whole screen.
Step by step
- Navigate to your course and click on the button (towards top right)
- Click on the hyperlink + Add an Activity or Resource in the section where you want to add an activity/resource
- Scroll down to the Resources section and select the radio button next to "Label"
- Then click on the Add button
- Enter the label text here and format it.
- Click on the Save and return to module button