Moodle Help & Support
How to create a Choice activity
A Choice activity can be used for a simple poll or for registering an interest or signing up for an option. Be aware that it works on a first-come first-served basis. Alternatively you can use the Vote activity or the Allocation Form activity (see links to help pages on these below).
To create a Choice:
- In your module click on the Turn editing on button (top right).
- Select the + Add an activity or resource hyperlink in the relevant section
- Click on the Choice activity and click on the Add button
- Enter a Choice name and Description
- Under the Options heading, create at least one option (there are 5 options available by default, but more can be added)
Other settings for Choice
Limit (under Options in settings) can be useful when using for sign-up against a selection of essay titles or tutorial groups. You then set the limit against each individual option.
Availablity of results can be adjusted in terms of if they are published. If you choose for results to be published, there are further options to anonymise these.
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk