This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
Sometimes you may need to clear your browser's cache to be able to see updated content more effectively.
One example of when you need to clear your cache is if your Turnitin page is not looking quite right (e.g., dates and similarity scores aren't displaying correctly)
Here's how to clear your cache
- On the Open menu (Hamburger icon in the top right) select 'Options'
- Choose the 'Advanced' icon (left hand column)
- Select 'Network'
- Under 'Cached Web Content' header click Clear now.
- Close the browser and reopen
In Internet Explorer
Click on the cogwheel icon (top right) and select 'Internet Options' from the drop-down menu
- Select the General tab
- Under Browsing history, click Delete.
- Un-check the 'Preserve Favorites website data' box.
- Check the 'Temporary Internet files and website files', 'Cookies and website data', and 'History' boxes.
- Click Delete. And then OK
- Close the Internet Explorer window and reopen.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More (or the three dots) .
- Click Settings
- Scroll down and click Advanced
- Under Privacy and Security click the arrow next to Clear browsing data
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Log out of Moodle, close the browser and reopen and login again
See also refreshyourcache.com for more detailed information
and Further troubleshooting of browsers and systems in Moodle Help
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: email@example.com
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk