This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
Relevant to Moodle 3.8 from September 2020 onwards
How to: change email settings for forums
You will always get emails when a module convenor posts 'Announcements' as you are automatically subscribed and cannot unsubscribe.
Other forums are generally set up so that both staff and students can choose whether or not to receive email alerts when someone posts.
To subscribe to or unsubscribe from forums
To change whether you receive posts by email or not:
- Click into the forum that you wish to change your subscription to.
- Click on the 'Cogwheel' / 'Actions' icon
- You will see the type of subscription currently enabled for the forum and your subscription option.
- Click 'Unsubscribe from this forum' if you are already subscribed and wish to opt out of email notifications or 'Subscribe to this forum' if you wish to start receiving email notifications.
5. A message will load to confirm your subscription status before redirecting you back to the module's main page.
To see who is subscribed or not (Editing Teachers only)
As an Editing Teacher you can also see who is and who isn't subscribed to a forum.
- Click into the relevant forum.
- Open the 'Cogwheel' menu (towards top right of centre column)
- Select "Show/edit current subscribers" and this will show a list of students currently subscribed to this forum