Moodle Help & Support
How to: change email settings for forums
Other forums are generally set up so that both staff and students can choose whether or not to receive email alerts when someone posts.
NOTE: News forums (equivalent to Announcements) will always send emails when a new post is made as you are automatically subscribed and cannot unsubscribe.
To subscribe to or unsubscribe from forums
To change whether you receive posts by email or not:
- Click into the forum that you wish to change your subscription to.
- Go to the ADMINISTRATION block (left hand side) > Forum Administration. You will see the type of subscription currently enabled for the forum and your subscription option.
- Click "Unsubscribe from this forum" if you are already subscribed and wish to opt out of email notifications or "Subscribe to this forum" if you wish to start receiving email notifications.
- A message will load to confirm your subscription status before redirecting you back to the module's main page.
To see who is subscribed or not
As a teacher you can also see who is and who isn't subscribed to a forum.
- Click into the relevant forum.
- Go to the ADMINISTRATION block (left hand side) > Forum administration
- Select Show/edit current subscribers. A list of students currently subscribed to this forum will show.
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk