This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
This refers to Moodle 3.6 from July 2019 onward
How to: change the role of someone enrolled on your module
You may wish to change the role of a member of staff or student already enrolled on your module to give them the ability to do more or restrict their access.
Change the role of a co-convenor from Teacher (marking only) to Editing Teacher (marking and participation).
Change an Observer to Teacher so that they can mark.
To change a role
- In your module space drop down the Hamburger menu and click Participants
- A list of those enrolled in your module appears. This is searchable in various ways.
- Type a surname into the Search box on the left to find the person.
- Look under the Roles column against the person's name
- Click the pencil icon
- Click in the box or start typing a role, such as Editing Teacher
- Click on the new role to add it to the list in purple.
- Click the x against the role you wish to remove.
NOTE: it is best if participants have only one role. Observer is the only one often combined with others.
If there is not an x to enable you to remove them, it will be because they are enrolled at category level.
- Click Save changes (the floppy disk icon).
The role is changed.