Moodle Help & Support
This refers to Moodle 3.2 from Sept 2017
How to change the number of topics (sections) in my modules
- You can have any number of blocks within your modules - in the central column.
- The minimum is the top or general block and one other block
- The maximum is 52 (plus the top block)
- Note that if your School has decided on a template they will usually provide the number of topics/sections that are normally used for modules in your School.
- In your module click on the Turn editing on button (top right)
- At the bottom of the main module page click v to add or ^ to remove sections, one at a time.
Note: If a section is removed its content becomes “orphaned” – the content is still there but not visible on the page. Orphaned activities and resources can be moved (drag and drop) into other sections or will be restored to their original section if that is added back in.
If you want to add several sections at once (or remove them)
In the Administration block for the module
- Click Edit Settings
- Under Module Format drop down the Number of Sections
- and select the new number you wish to have