This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
1. Using your Surface Pro tap on the Moodle assignment and then press View all submissions.
2 Once the student information table has loaded click Grade by the student’s work you wish to mark.
3 A new page will load containing the submission. Within the Submission section hold down the stylus or your finger on the Word document until a pop-up window appears. From the pop-up window select Save link as.
4. A pop-up window will then appear, press Save and name it with the module code and assignment title/student name for future reference. If the student has not provided their name in the file title then it is advisable to add it in the document name.
You can if you wish browse to save the file in a different folder.
5. You will then receive a notification informing that the document has been downloaded at the bottom of the screen. Tap to open
6. Once Word has opened press the Review tab along the top. Then along the right-hand side tap the button Start Inking.
7 You will now be able to see the annotation options along the top of the screen. Click Pens.
Below is a screen and an explanation of each item.
- Pen button enables the stylus to write in freehand.
- Highlighter button enables you to highlight text in the document.
- Eraser button will allow you to delete any annotations made both freehand and highlighted.
- Select Objects button allows the user to select an annotation or highlight and then move it around or change its dimensions.
- A selection of pen types and highlighter types with different colours to choose from.
- Allows you to select a different colour pen or highlighter.
- Allows you to select the thickness of your pen.
- Turns off the annotation option in Word.
8. Using the tools available use the stylus to annotate the document.
9. When you have completed marking on the document tap File and then Save As and then save the document. It is recommended that you add some text at the end of the document name to indicate it is feedback or marked.
10. Go back to the Moodle page of the student and with Feedback files tap the button with a paper icon located in the top-left. This will allow to attach your annotated Word document. Once you have successfully attached this it will appear as an icon.
11. Enter a grade within the Grade section (or use other appropriate grading tool such as rubric) and then press Save changes.