This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
This refers to Moodle 3.10 from August 2021 onwards
An image can be added wherever you are using an activity and resource in Moodle that has access to the text editor.
- In the text editor,if the Insert or edit image icon is not visible, click on the Show/hide advanced buttons icon.
You will then be able to see and click on the Insert or edit image icon.
2. A pop up window will appear, press the Browse repositories... button.
3. Use the File picker on the left-had panel to select an existing image or press Upload a file and then press 'Choose File' to select a new one. Once you have added a new image press the 'Upload this file' button.
The file will now appear in the Image properties preview window.
4. Enter a short image description (alternative text) in the "Describe this image for someone who cannot see it". This will appear when the student moves their mouse over the image.
5. It is possible to resize the image by entering a new value within "Size". If the "Auto size" check box is ticked it will maintain the aspect ratio.
6. It is also possible to alignment where the image is placed by pressing on the "Alignment" drop down menu and selecting an option.
7. Press the Save image button to return to the text editor.
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic:
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: email@example.com
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk