Moodle Help & Support
This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onward, and to ExamSys from November 2022
How to: add an ExamSys Self Assessment Paper
You can use the External Tool activity to add an ExamSys self assessment link in Moodle. The ExamSys (formerly called Rogo) assessment once started will run in a new window.
The External Tool method can only be used with Campus modules where there is a matching module in Rogo. For other modules such as Parent modules you need to add a URL link for the relevant Rogo paper.
Adding the ExamSys Self Assessment Paper to your module
- Log into Moodle and go yo your Moodle page
- Click on the 'Turn editing on' button (top right)
- In the section/topic in which you would like to add the ExamSys (formerly called Rogo) Self Assessment paper, click on the + Add an activity or resource hyperlink
- Select the 'External tool'
5. Complete the "Activity name" field with the text that you want to appear on the Moodle page
6. Select 'ExamSys' from the "Preconfigured tool" field
7. Click on Show more... in the General section
8. Leave the setting for the "Launch container" field as 'Default'
9. Once you have finished setting the fields above click on the 'Save and display' button.
Note: Settings in the Privacy section do not need to be amended. EXamSys grades will appear in the Moodle Grade book. The synchronisation, however, is not instantaneous, so set up papers well in advance.
10. This will take you to a page where you are asked to log into EXamSys
11. You will be shown a list of papers that are available in ExamSys for the current module. These can be the Formative self assessments or Progress Tests
12. Select the paper you want to include as a link in your Moodle module and click 'OK'
13. You will then be presented with the paper you have chosen to allow you to check it is the correct one. If it is not the correct paper you will need to repeat the above process and delete this one from your module.