Moodle Help & Support (Staff)
This refers to Moodle 3.2 from September 2017 onward.
How to: Add a previously created rubric assessment
Once a rubric has been created by you or a colleague you'll need to attach it to an assignment. This should automatically filter through to all other assignments for that dropbox but you can change the rubric used for each individual assignment if you wish. Any rubric created in association with the module can be used.
Navigating to the rubric in Turnitin
1. In your Moodle module, click on the Turn editing on button (top right).
2. Go into the Turnitin assignment you've created after you've received at least one assignment
3. Go into the Submissions inbox and click on the blue icon representing pilled-up small boxes on the top right on the submission inbox this will lead you to the Rubric Manager.
4. Alternatively, you can access it, by clicking on Edit settings of the Turnitin assignment and under GradeMark Options, click on Launch Rubric Manager.
Editing an existing rubric
1. In the rubric screen click on the button with three lines in the top left-hand corner to view available rubrics and rubric options.
2. In the drop-down list provided, look at the list of available rubrics at the bottom. Click on the rubric you would like to use.
Adding an existing rubric to an assessment
1. Go to the Submission inbox and click on the blue pen in the Grade column next to a student’s submission.
2. This will lead you to the Feedback Studio. On the right corner of your screen, click on the Rubric icon.
3. In the opened rubric, click on the cogwheel icon on the top left corner. It will open one of the rubrics previously created. Choose the one you wish to attach to your assignment (see step 1 image).
4. Click Save if you have made any change.
5. Click on the Off button next to Attach to Assignment at the bottom left corner of the window this will then turn ton On.
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic: