Moodle Help & Support
Every user of Moodle.Nottingham has their own blog and you can use this for your posts.
If you use a Moodle blog, then it will be automatically linked to the course if you use the Blog Menu block as described below.
Reasons for blogging
- To reflect on your experiences in the module
- To share information, resources, web links and so on that you have found
- To post pictures that are relevant to the course
- To share short reflections on the course and on sustainability
- For assessment
You can comment on others’ blog posts within Moodle, and they can comment on yours.
How to: add an entry to your Moodle blog
Navigate to the Moodle module you want to write a blog for.
Find the Blog Menu block, and then you can add an entry to your personal blog through Moodle.
From the Blog Menu block, click on Add a new entry
OR if you want to tag the entry as relevant to this particular module, click Add an entry about this module
- Write your entry and give it a title.
- If you want to attach a file, ether drag and drop one into the window (IE10 or other browser required) OR next to Attachment click the Add... icon to access the File picker to locate a file. Keep post attachments - such as images or files - small or they will be rejected.
- Under Publish to choose who you wish to publish the entry to i.e. who may see the entry. There are two options:
- Yourself (draft)
- Anyone on this site (i.e. who has a username for moodle.Nottingham)
- Moodle.Nottingham does not have official tags, so type in any tags that you think are appropriate. If you add more than one, they should be separated by commas
- If you created this blog by clicking on Add an entry about this module you will have an extra field at the bottom of the screen entitled Associations. If you still wish to associate this blog with the module you are in, ensure that the box in Associations is checked (or uncheck it if this is a general blog post which is not related to a specific module)
- Click on the Save changes button.
Changing the settings of your Moodle blog
You can access the settings of your blog from anywhere in Moodle from your My Home page using the Administration block on the left-hand side.
- On your My Home page, under Administration, click on Blogs.
- Under Blogs choose the relevant settings link to amend. A description of each is below:
- Preferences – the number of posts to show on each page
- External blogs – a list of all external blogs connected to your Moodle blog
- Register an external blog – allows you to add other blogs you use to your Moodle blog so it updates automatically from them
To add an external blog
- Go to My home
- Scroll to the Administration block on the left-hand side and click on Blogs hyperlink
- Under Blogs choose Register an external blog – This allows you to add other blogs you use (such as an external Wordpress or Blogger blog) to your Moodle blog so each can update automatically when you post to one or the other.
- Complete the registration fields to add another blog (see below)
Note: You are only required to enter the RSS feed URL for the external blog site but the other details will prove useful if you are connecting more than one external blogs
5. Once you’ve finished adding all the details click on the Save changes button.
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic:
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: email@example.com
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk