This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of every page.
Moodle Help & Support
This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onwards
How to: Add a Feedback activity
The Feedback tool allows you to create and conduct surveys to collect feedback. Unlike the Survey tool it allows you to write your own questions, rather than choose from a list of pre-written questions and unlike the Quiz tool, you can create non-graded questions. The Feedback activity could be used for course evaluations outside the National Student Survey.
Adding a Feedback activity to your module
- In your module click on the 'Turn editing on' button (top right)
- Go to the section you would like the activity to appear and click on the + Add an activity or resource hyperlink
- Then click on the 'Feedback' activity
4. Fill in the "Name" and "Description" fields and adjust any of the settings outlined below.
5. When finished, click on the 'Save and return to module'
6. From your main Moodle page, click the 'Turn editing off' button in the top right
Feedback activity settings explained
When greyed out, the activity is available indefinitely. To amend the dates, check the Enable boxes to the right of the dates. It is recommended that you enter a closing date to make result analysis easier.
Question and submission settings
- "Record user names": This allows you to anonymise results; recommended to get more accurate results.
- "Allow multiple submissions": Do you want a student to submit feedback more than once? Only enabled for anonymous feedback.
- "Enable notification of submissions": If enabled, teachers will receive notification of feedback submissions
- "Auto number questions": Adds question numbers automatically.
You can choose to 'Show analysis page' and a 'Completion message'.
By default after a feedback is submitted the target of the continue button is the module page. You can define another target URL for this continue button by entering it into the 'Link to next activity' box.
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic: