Moodle Help & Support
This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onwards
How to: Create options in an Allocation form
This is Step 2 of 3 in creating an Allocation Form. This is the next step after you have added an Allocation Form to your module and set the appropriate settings. Please refer first to Step 1. How to Add an Allocation Form
Adding a new option to an Allocation Form
Once you have created your Allocation Form, you will be able to start adding options for your students to choose from. To do this:
- Make sure you have editing turned on your Moodle page
- Click into your newly created allocation form.
- Click on the 'Add new option' button
4. Create an "Option name" for the option e.g. Work placement with Vodaphone or Optional Module AF11CB1
5. Set the number of places ("Maximum allocations") available for the option e.g. 4 places available with the same work placement or 20 places available on an optional module
6. Click on the 'Save changes' button
7. Continue adding new options from the main screen by clicking on the 'Add new option' again.
Tip: Your option name/title should be fairly short ("The Viking World", "Placement in Nepal"). Any long description of the options should go in the Description portion of the of the Allocation Form.
Note: There is no limit on the number of options you can enter.
8. To make the form available for students (on the Start date you have set) click on the 'Make the form active' button. Once the form is active DO NOT make any changes to the settings as this will affect choices already made on the form by students.
9. When you have finished, click on the 'Turn editing off' button on the top right of your main Moodle page
Warning: The options cannot be seen by students until the Allocation Form has been made active.
1. How to Add an Allocation Form
3. Adjusting the allocation process